Monday, November 1, 2010

Getting out of the quicksand...

It's been almost 2 months since I've updated my blog and I'm pissed. I'm more pissed at myself than anything else. I just can't believe how much I've been procrastinating solely because I pride myself on working hard, and working towards my goals. I set myself a goal to update this blog at least twice a month when I started it and lo and behold, that hasn't happened. Theres been some creative road blocks here and there, and I think it's time for me to step my game up once again. My hustle has withered down to a slow creep but my brain has been churning out ideas for future projects like crazy. Projects that have largely been inspired by the music I listen to,how that music is always changing for the better, and how I'd love for my creativity and the subsequent images to do the same.
I have been looking at my past photos and have realized that I need some sort of an overhaul. I want more color, more emotion, and more of a statement. I want my images to connect to people and I want to create an image that makes you go "....WOW".
I also want to be able to look into a popular magazine and find one of my pictures in the centerfold...but baby steps Mario...baby steps....

anyway

Since my last update, I've been published on BBC.com under one of their weekly photo contests titled "Back to Work" where a self portrait was chosen. Big thanks to my number one supporter for sending in the picture to BBC without me knowing ;)

Lastly, I finished editing the photos I had taken for an organization called Pitbull Centerfolds (www.pitbullcenterfolds.org) in mid October and am waiting on a reply to find out when the calender is finished for publishing. It's very exciting to be published in a calender, so I can't wait to see what It looks like!

So yeah, until next time, KEEP CREATIVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment