Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Hooray! #MoreLightHours


Yup...It's FINALLY March and the feeling of Spring in New Jersey took its sweet ass time getting here. With this new season comes some new things of course.Incase you didn't notice the title, feel free to holla atcha guala and follow me on a few new social mediums: Twitter & Tumblr.
Secondly, I did some minor work for Renegade Hip Hop and had some time to check out their recent show in East Stroudsburg, PA with Mac Miller. Crowd was real harsh and the only performances they didn't 'boo' at were Mac Miller's and Renegade's haha, so much love to them for always doing their thing and always killing it.

Slacking on some video gear has me being stingy on adding videos to my repertoire, but fortunately for me my wonderful lady was in attendance at a poetry jam I took part in earlier this month.

I wrote about a minute worth of lines because It was my first time and I wanted to get it over and done with before I choked. Lo and behold....I STILL choked haha. Regardless, it was great to see the local poetic talent. Shout out to Janelle for organizing the event and everyone who attended / participated at NY's Finest. I've never publicly shared what I have written so it was an overall positive and unique first experience. Supporting creativity is a big thing for me, especially when it comes to creatively expressing yourself through different avenues.

A major part of why I decided to participate has to do with the book that I plan on publishing.
In my previous post there was a mention of the book but I held back the details. Generally, it is a collaborative project between myself and other artists. As of now, there are 3 individuals that I am currently collaborating with. Essentially, I'm going to be photographically illustrating another persons form of art.
Real talk...this isn't a project that will take a week or even a few months to complete. I look forward to each and every step of the process because I already know how dope this book is going to be.

Be safe people.




No comments:

Post a Comment